Kidney Stone Treatment without Surgery in Delhi
We at BMS has lot of quality and experienced Surgeons associated with us who offers the best Kidney Stone Treatment in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon and that too in economical prices, saving cost on Laser Kidney Stone Treatment. We are now receiveing number of calls from patients situated in Sonipat, Gurgaon, Haryana and other nearby areas to consult for Kidney Stones Treatment.
What are Kidney Stones?
Renal Calculus or popularly called as kidney stone is a solid crystal or concretion aggregation developed in the human kidneys from available minerals in the urine. In other words, kidney stones are formed when certain types of substances in human urine, including oxalate, crystallise, uric acid, and of course calcium join together to create a kidney stone.
Kidney stones normally develop within the kidneys, where urine is collected or produced before flowing towards the ureter (a tube that carries urine from the kidney to the urinary bladder). However, small-sized kidney stones are capable of passing out of human body through urine and might not be identified by an individual, but bigger-sized of stones stretch and irritate the ureter as they flow into the bladder, often blocking the natural flow of urine as well as usually causing unbearable pain. Moreover, often it is seen that a stone could be too big to pass through ureter and thus remains lodged in human kidney. Certainly, it is worst situation in terms of stones in kidney.
Now, the question arises here why only some individual form stones in kidney while others don’t? It is quite difficult to answer this question as we don’t have adequate medical research or scientific clarification regarding this fact. However, kidney stones are more common in middle-aged and young individuals than in the elderly, a kidney stone can form in anyone irrespective of age and sex. Recent medical studies show that stone disease is more prevalent in males than females. In the world, kidney stones highly affect around three in twenty men and one in about twenty women.
How Kidney Stones are formed in Body?
Advanced medical research suggest that a low-fibre, high-protein diet, family history, inactivity, a few intestinal physical conditions and certain types of drug treatments like aspirin may enhance the risk of stones formation in kidneys. Medical professionals also classify various risk factors as per the type of stones in the kidney such as:
- Uric Acid Stones – Chemotherapy, Gout
- Struvite Stones – Typical infection in urinary tract
- Calcium Stones – Renal disease, hyperparathyroidism
Individuals residing in hot climates, say for instance India, are often more prone to this disease. The main reason behind is that people residing in a hot climate condition like India could be dehydrated more easily than the individuals who reside in cold areas. It is a fact that dehydration focuses the minerals as well as other chemicals in the human urine and creates crystal formation effortlessly. Latest medical evidence also indicate that drinking too little water or other fluid can increase this harmful chemical over infiltration of urine. As already mentioned above that people residing in hot climate condition are at high risk of getting kidney stones thus finding the right kidney treatment is the need of hour.
Most of the stones in kidney are made out of calcium oxalate substances or crystals, which is a distinct salt available in the human urine and hard to liquefy. Further the chemical greatly associated with gout called uric acid could also be involved. Apart from that in case of having chronically infected urine with definite organisms, the individual is likely to be more prone to getting certain composition of kidney stones than other individuals.
There is certain type of individuals who could be regular stone formers. It is a fact that if a person whether male or female has already experienced the kidney store or gone through the kidney store treatment, is likely to develop another kidney stone over a few years, with approximately 15 percent risk at initial years.
What are the Key Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
- Waves of unbearable pain that begin in your side and back, and move towards testicles or groin
- It is seen that individuals with kidney stones sometime pace up and down as they are unable to find a comfortable or ease position
- Vomiting and nausea with ongoing intolerable pain
- Blood can be appeared in urine
- Affected individuals may have frequent urge to disclose urine or urinate
- A few very tiny stones may be either asymptomatic or only cause soft symptoms
Apart from aforementioned symptoms of kidney stones, often an infection can also be found, and may cause a few additional kidney stones symptoms:
- Painful urination
- Unpleasant-smelling or cloudy urine
- Chills and fever
What are the Medical Investigations performed to confirm Stones in Kidney?
However, most of the kidney stones could be diagnosed from patient’s examination, findings and symptoms, but several investigations can be performed to confirm exact location of stones in the kidney or diagnosis of the stone disease:
- Ultrasound scan
- Simple X-ray of the abdomen
- Intravenous Urogram (IVU) or also called Intravenous pyelogram (IVP). This X-Ray method can be prescribed for viewing human kidneys. An IVU (intravenous Urogram) involves a necessary intravenous injection of distinguish colour that allows the doctor to assess patient’s urinary system and kidneys
- The most accurate method for diagnosing kidney stones is CT scan
Apart from above mentioned investigations, there are some additional methods which are also used, such as:
- Analysis or examination of stones in the kidneys which have been thoroughly passed
- Urine tests
- and Blood tests
Look for Medical Guidance if:
- You’re dealing with waves of unbearable pain in abdomen, side, groin, and back
- You find any difficulty or pain while urinating
- Discovering blood while urinating
Various Kidney Stones Treatment
In case of having small-sized kidney stones, it could pass out through your urine easily. In this case, a doctor usually prescribes painkillers as well as recommends you drinking enough water so that your urine would become concentrated and colourless.
Moreover, a hot-water bottle or a soak in a little warm water can also assist ease the inevitable pain, but the ultimate relief from the stones you will get when these kidney stones pass. You can be asked to urinate via a strainer so that kidney stones could be recovered and examined. In case of a big-sized stone or in case of a complications develop, for instance total blockage of ureter or infection, the kidney stone should be removed as soon as possible.
Surgical and Non-surgical Treatments available to remove kidney stones are:
- ESWL (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy or also called Lithotripsy)
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy or Key Hole Surgery)
- Flexible Uteroscopy
How do I avoid Kidney Stones?
- You must drink loads of fluids daily as well as enhance the quantity you drink during hot weather. Usually, you need to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day or 1.2 liters. But if you have already gone through kidney stone disease, you need to double the amount i.e. drink at least 12 to 16 glasses of water per day. However, you can also drink tea, milk, coffee and fruit juices but water is certainly the best option to go with
- In case of having calcium kidney stone in the past, you must avoid taking foods with oxalate such as celery, grapes, chocolate, strawberries, beans, rhubarb, spinach, black tea, vitamin C supplements and asparagus
- You must also avoid taking foods with urate especially if you’ve had a calcium or uric acid stone. The foods rich in urate are including kidneys, liver, a few types of fish like sardines and anchovies and of course skin of normal poultry
- You must reduce salt intake to about 3 grams only because a higher quantity could raise the amount of calcium in the urine
- You also need to reduce sugar intake because too much use of sugar such as table sugar and refined sugar can enhance the chances of kidney stones
In concise, if you want to get rid of stones in kidney, you need to find out a right option in terms of kidney stone surgery or treatment and should consult a good surgeon who can consult you and can choose the best course of treatment for you, from lasers to surgery.