Cancer is a disease that is caused by the uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in any part of the body. This disease is difficult to treat and the treatment process involves a lot of time, money and above all- immense pain.
Effective Methods to treat cancer in cancer hospitals in Delhi
Earlier cancer had no effective treatment, but with the growing technology and the progress in science, many different types of cancer treatments have evolved. According to the stage at which the cancer is, the right treatment can be rendered to the patient.
Following are some of the cancer treatment methods: –
- Surgery: Surgery is one the earliest methods for treating cancer. Surgery also plays a key role in diagnosing the cancerous cells, helps to find out how much cancer has actually spread and caused damage.
- Chemotherapy: This is the most common treatments for cancer. It refers to the use of medicines, injectables in order to treat cancer and is believed to give a better sense of control over the disease.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy uses high -energy particles or waves in order to destroy or damage cancer cells. It is sometimes given along with the other forms of treatments like chemotherapy.
- Targeted therapy: It is a new method for treating cancer that uses drugs or other substances to identify the cancer cells more precisely and attack them. It is used in cases where the cancer cells have spread to the various parts of the body.
- Immunotherapy: In this method, body’s own immune is used to fight cancer causing cells. It uses monoclonal antibodies to treat the disease.
- Photodynamic therapy: Often abbreviated as PTD, this technique uses special drugs called the PHOTOSENSITIZING AGENTS, along with light to kill the cancer cells. The drugs only work after they have been activated by a certain kind of light or radiations.
- Gamma knife treatment: It is the best treatment for the brain tumor (which is a type of cancer) and other disorders related to the brain. It uses focused beams of gamma radiation to control malignant and non-malignant tumors as well as fictional and vascular disorders of the brain.
It can be concluded that all the patients who are suffering from this deadly ailment and are looking for some really good care and treatment, Delhi is the place for you. The best cancer hospitals in Delhi employ the latest tools and techniques for it at the most reasonable rate possible.