People from all over the India migrate to Delhi for better opportunities and resources. The population of Delhi is thus increasing day by day; this means that medical requirement is also increasing with the increase in population, circumstances and diseases. Gynaecologists in Delhi are in great demand because of their experience and medical performances. For becoming a gynaecologist the doctor has to study gynaecology that deals with health issues that specifically concerns women reproductive organ, genitalia and breasts. Gynaecologist diagnose and treat disordersof reproductive organ that comprises of ovaries, uterus as well as the fallopian tubes.
Some gynaecologist are obstetricians as well. They have the surgical speciality to care for pregnant woman, fetus at the time of pregnancy, birth of child and puerperium.Gynaecologist in Delhi, minutely check the progress of pregnancy to find out if there are any diseases or problems that is existing in her womb that may affect the progress of pregnancy. Gynaecologist practising in near areas are less with very less experience, so people from surrounding cities come to Delhi to see gynae in Delhi. A gynaecologist can help in providing solutions for your gynaecological problems like infertility, STD, sexual dysfunction, ovarian cancer and menopause related problems.
The best gynaecologist possess the following knowledge, skills and attributes like:
- The gynaecologist must complete detailed knowledge of reproductive structure, anatomy and endocrinology.
- Must have knowledge about microbiology, pharmacology, haematology and genetics
- They must also possess an extensive understanding and knowledge of diagnosis and therapeutic treatment relate to the health of women
- Must be skilled in performing various procedures like hysterectomies, IUD insertions, laparoscopies, colposcopies and papanicolaou.
- Must be able to promote awareness amongst women regarding their health issues.
- Must have a skill to properly counsel and communicate with the patients as per their needs
- They must have an inbuilt desire to care and help people in need.
- Must be self-confident and emotionally stable, so that they can make quick decisions at the time of emergencies.
Now, the question arises is why people living in surrounding cities come visit gynaecologist in Delhi for checkups and treatment. The answer is very simple and clear. Delhi has today emerged as the most preferred place for the health care treatment in India. Here you will find skilled doctors as well as the nurses along with modern equipment, facilities and infrastructure. Each year, many patients come to visit gynecologists in Delhi for receiving specialized medical care that they cannot find anywhere near to their residing place. You will get the best quality service and customized care here in Delhi. The entire team of BMS is here to help you completely from the beginning to end of the procedure you came here for.
It is important to visit the doctor as soon as you feel things are not as it should be. There are some few things that you must understand about visiting the gynaecologist in Delhi
- Young girls or woman must visit gynae or schedule a gynaecological test when they either became sexually active or reach 18 years of age, whatsoever comes first.
- Women must get an appointment for a checkup when they are between their MCs i.e. menstrual cycles.
- They must immediately contact the gynaecologist when they experience severe pain in their pelvis, abdomen area.
- Unusual type of pain, discharge, itching or swelling in or around the vagina.
- Contact to STD (Sexually transmitted disease).
- Unavoidable pain, menstrual cramps during menstrual cycles.
- Irregularity of menstrual cycles.
- Abnormal bleeding during periods.
- If you notice any breast discharge, change in skin of the breast or size of breast.
- When you experience pain during sexual intercourse.
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse.
- History of illness in sexual relation
Gynaecologist in Delhi are also preferred over other physicians when woman plans to get pregnant. Women should also get in contact with the gynaecologist if their mother or sister has suffered from breast cancer before menopause. Other than the above issues gynaecologist must be visited while dealing with certain conditions like:
- Cancer or diseases related to pre-cancerous diseases in reproductive organ like ovaries, uterus, vulva, vagina, cervix or fallopian tubes
- Urine incontinence
- Prolapse of pelvic organ
For performing diagnosis and treatment the gynaecologist uses all modern equipments. An instrument like speculum is used for examination and for confirming the abnormalities they opt for ultrasound. List of tests that are used for curing certain complications are described below:
- Amniocentesis Procedure: Amniocentesis Procedure is a procedure in which a small sample of amniotic fluid that is found surrounding the fetus at the time of pregnancy is obtained. The obtained fluid is then tested and diagnosed to find certain birth defects.
- Bone Densitometry: Gynaecologist in Delhi adopt this procedure to check for the bone density that helps in diagnosing risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Breast Biopsy: In this procedure through the help of special biopsy needle or at the time of surgery, breast tissue sample is removed to check for the presence of cancerous or any other abnormal cells.
- Breast MRI: In this procedure detailed picture of the breast is taken with the help of large magnets, Radio Frequencies and computer so that it becomes easier to check for any abnormalities or presence of cancerous cells.
- Scanning of Breast: During breast scan nuclear radiology is used to diagnose and find out various disorders or conditions like tumor, abscesses, enlargementof organs, hematomas, functioning of organ, blood flow and cyst. Gynaecologist in Delhi are very particular about their patients’ wellbeing and thus wish them to be safe always.
- Breast Ultrasound: This procedure is used to examine the breast tissue with help of the sound wave technology or ultrasound. This procedure can even help in assessing the blood flow to tissues and areas of breast.
- Lumpectomy: Breast conserving surgery or lumpectomy is a surgery in which cancerous lump along with the breast tissue that exist around the lump is removed without disturbing the breast.
- Cervical Biopsy: This procedure is performed for testing the abnormalities or precancerous conditions or cervical cancer with help of some tissue from the cervix that is removed.
- C-section Delivery: C-section or caesarean is a method through which the baby is surgically delivered by an incision through abdomen and uterus of the mother. This method is performed when gynaecologist determine it to be safer than vaginal delivery in some situations for mother, baby or both of them.
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS): Chorionic Villus Sampling is a prenatal test that requires tissue sample from placenta to be tested for certain genetic problems.
- Colposcopy: This procedure is done to find if there is any abnormalities in cervix or vagina with the help of colposcope. Colposcope is an instrument which comprises of a light and magnifying lens.
- Cystoscopy: Cystoscopy is a process in which bladder, urinary tract, urethra and urethra opening are examined with the help of long lighted scope when the gynaecologist have the suspicion regarding health of the urinary tract
- D and C: Dilation and Curettage also famously known as D and C is a surgical procedure. In this procedure the cervix is dilated, so that spoon shaped medical instrument can be used for scraping the cervical canal and uterine lining to remove the abnormal tissues that are present there.
- Endometrial Ablation: Gynaecologist in Delhi may ask their patients to undergo Endometrial Ablation. In this procedure thin tissue layer of the uterus lining is permanently removed for stopping or reducing the abnormal bleeding in those women who completed their childbearing.
- Endometrial Biopsy: For endometrial biopsy, small tissue sample is obtained from the lining of the uterus. It is performed for doing histologic evaluation that helps in forming diagnosis.This procedure considered as safe generally, butyes, you may have to face some short time side effects like cramps and pain in pelvic area. The patients may even experience bleeding just after the procedure. Infection is very rarely found here.
- Episiotomy: At the time of delivering the baby, vagina may not stretch as per requirement. In such a situation the gynaecologist here in Delhi may perform episiotomy to enlarge the vaginal opening for delivering the baby.
- Heart Rate monitoring of fetus: The heart rate of the fetus may change as they respond to the uterus condition. Abnormal heart rate of fetus indicates that the fetus inside the womb is not getting enough oxygen or there is some other disorder or problem.
- Fetus Ultrasound: Fetal ultrasound is a test through images is created of the fetus growth and development that has taken place inside the womb of the mother.
- Hysterectomy: Removal of uterus surgically is termed as Hysterectomy. During this surgery different parts of uterus along with some other organs like cervix ovaries and fallopian tube may also be removed. Gynaecologist in Delhi perform three types of Hysterectomy namely Radical, Total and Subtotal hysterectomy. At times this surgery along with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is performed as an important procedure of sex reassignment surgery for Trans-men.
- Hysteroscopy: This test is basically for visually examining the cervix canal and inside of the uterus with the medical equipment that is thin, lighted, flexible tube with small telescopic camera called hysteroscope. This examination is usually combined with Dilation and Curettage also called D and C. This procedure is done to find out the reasons or causes of infertility, abnormality of periods and post-menopausal bleeding. Recovery time after this procedure usually quick.
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure in which medical equipment called laparoscope is used for clearly examining the organs of the abdominal cavity and pelvic region. Laparoscope is a thin, long, flexible metal tube that contains telescopic video camera for better view of the organs inside. Sterilization is also sometimes performed with the help of laparoscope. This test is performed to find the cause of pain in pelvic or abdominal region and investigating the bladder problems and appendicitis. The recovery may take 2 hours only, but you may still feel discomfort for 3 or more days from the site of incision.
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP): LEEP is a procedure that is a method through which the gynaecologist detect high grade cervical dysplasia. For this procedure a wire loop heated by electric current at variable power settingsis used to remove the tissues and cells for the treatment for abnormal or cancerous conditions that occurs in the lower genital tract of a woman. This procedure has a high rate of success that is low in cost and easy to use at the same time.
- Mammogram Procedure: Mammogram is a procedure through which gynaecologists in Delhi can be able to detect as well as diagnose the breast related disease in woman like breast cancer. It is anX-ray examination that uses low energy X-rays for examining the breast and is used as a diagnosis or screening tool.
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy is a surgical procedure in which one or both the breasts are completely or partially removed from the body as a part of breast cancer treatment. There are 7 approaches to mastectomy namely Total Mastectomy, Modified radical mastectomy, Radical Mastectomy, Skin- sparing mastectomy, Nippl-Sparring or Subcutaneous mastectomy, Extended Radical mastectomy and lastly Prophylactic mastectomy. Side effects of this procedure may be infection from the wound, hematoma and seroma. If lymph nodes of breast are also removed then there may arise more complication or side effects.
- Pap Test: Papanicolaou test is called as Pap test or pap smear as well. It is basically a screening test that is used to collect and examine the cells microscopically that is taken from cervix. Gynaecologist in Delhi usually ask women to take pap test once in every 3 years to diagnose if there is any change in cells of cervix that may lead to cancer. The test is a little uncomfortable, but not painful. The test takes little less than a minute to complete. Sample of the cell inside cervix is taken from flat wooden spatula. In 6 weeks you may get the result of this test.
- Pelvic Ultrasound: It is a sound wave technology that is used for examining the organs inside the female pelvis.
- Robotic Hysterectomy: Removal of uterus surgically is called Hysterectomy. Laparoscope is used during this surgery.
- Tubal Ligation: It is a surgical procedure that actually gets your Fallopian tubes clamped or blocked so that eggs could not reach the uterus for fertilization. This procedure is a permanent method of sterilization and birth control that a woman opts for when she do not wish to be pregnant again in future.